As the leaves begin to change to sunset-orange colours; am reminded that summer season is quickly fading.
My favourite street food is corn on the cob or simply maize.
The best way I like to dive into other than simply boiling it is grilling it with butter and pepper. I absolutely love it when it is so moist soft with glitters of salt and pepper.
A: Corn on the cob boiled
- Boil in water close to 25 minutes with husks
- Remove husks and eat right away
- Or wipe off the water and fry or grill with butter and pepper or any other seasonings of choice. Yummy is what you will achieve
B: Corn on the cob
- Wrap the corn in foil paper after removing the inside of the husks i.e. the thread like and part of the husks
- Place the corn on foil paper
- Pour generous amounts of butter on the corn
- Season with salt and pepper
- Bake at 230°C for 20 minutes or more depending on the hardness of the maize
- Serve with vegetables or meat or enjoy it as it is.
Let me know how you like your corn/ maize
Share the recipes